I toyed with writing N is for New Collections, but given I've covered a few recently and did a post on Trollbead Collection Collages I thought now would be a good time to update my New Year's Bead Resolutions.
My New Year's Bead Resolutions 2014
- To book myself some Torch Time - this has had to be put to the back of the list indefinitely at the moment. Regular readers will know I've had some problems with my shoulder and essentially these are going to take a while to recover from so I physically can't do the movements needed for Lampworking at the moment.
|Lampworked beads - Tutors vs My first go!|
- To focus more on bracelet/bangle/necklace design - I've been doing a lot more of this so far this year and actually working on some long term design ideas too, ones that will take a lot more cash as I don't have the beads I currently need as well as using my current beads more. I've even sold off some of the ones I can't really see me using, which is a huge step for me!
- To curb some of my random spending by being more selective with what I buy - I want to buy more "key pieces" or multiples of beads I love, instead of 1 of everything I like (see point above) - This is going well and not so well in equal measures. On the whole I feel it's going well due to all the multiples I'm buying, the not so well is that some of the choices have been quite random due to 1) the Liquidation Sales and 2) the new uniques - which I love. Navy Galaxies abound!
|Trollbeads Uniques - Navy Galaxy Beads|
- To continue to seek out new bead makers & brands - New to me this year have been several brands, some of which I've not blogged about yet so I won't spoil the surprise of what's coming up. Those I have blogged about so far are Ohm, Bali Clicks (which has been getting a lot of love blog wise) and Links of London.
|Ohm's Love Hurts Bead|
- To buy some charms for my Story Bracelets - oh yes, thanks to several sales this has been done with bells on!! Next stop on the Story story are watch charms!
- To spend less on jewellery than I did in 2013 so I can finally get my boilers replaced ;) - Well so far the way the first 4 months of the year are going I'm spending less (actually that's not much to write home about as I spent a lot last year) but more importantly I've been saving more too. So much so that we've provisionally booked to get our boilers replaced in May. Fingers crossed we can do it for the quoted price and I can finally stop talking about my Boilers... just as my car is going kaput!
So that's me for now, you're all caught up with my Resolutions and I'm feeling very good about the progress I've made on this list!
Do you make resolutions or goals that you work towards? If so, what happens? If not, do you leave it to chance and go with the flow, or do you have another way you do this?
Hit the comments and let me know; I'm always curious about the why and how!