I'd already given my New Year's Bead and Blog Resolutions quite a lot of thought for 2017, so although making some of the decisions has been more difficult, as I've not known what I wanted to do for sure until recently, by contrast writing them down once I'd decided has been fairly easy.
- To blog less, but with more intent - this has been something I've been mulling over for most of the year, but especially since April. I've been so busy in 2016, that I've blogged less and often at times when I didn't have much to say, or rather I had too much to say so I didn't say much about any of it! I even considered killing the blog in 2017 rather than carry on in such a haphazard fashion... however... as I also enjoy writing along with everything else I do - I've decided to blog much less, but with more intent...
- So expect fewer and/or shorter posts overall during the year, as I'll only blog when I have something I definitely want to write about, not just because it's a new month!
- To make a "thing" with metal clay - I've been sent 4 sample metal clays; this is a material I've been fascinated with, ever since Tracy over at Black Boots Long Legs started to make her own beads and designs!
- I want to make something in metal clay but from a definite idea, rather than just playing, as I only have a little of each of the four.
- To spend the same or less in 2017 than I did in 2016, but to consider more - Last year was the first time I've come close to being comfortable with the amount of money I spend on jewellery. This is something I definitely want to repeat this year!
- My goal for 2017 is to spend the same, or a bit less, but with more intent on what I'm buying. So going for the things I really want, but to think more about the things I buy out of habit or because I "collect", do I really want or need those? This might be a hard habit to break!
So that's all from me for now... I'm starting as I mean to go on,with intent!
I look forward to our chats in 2017 and I hope you have a very Happy New Year in 2017.
Do you set yourself any resolutions, bead or otherwise? Feel free to share!